N-Bond-UV-Primer is an innovative, high performance, bonding primer integrating the latest technologies to enable UV inkjet inks to obtain superior adhesion on difficult-to- adhere surfaces, such as glass, ceramic tiles and certain metals.
The Kit Contains:
15 -16 m2 of glass coating ( up to 150 - 160 sq. foot )
- 45ml Surface Preparation (Glass Cleaner)
- 45ml N-Bond (UV Primer)
- 9" x 9" non-woven - 2pcs
With N-Bond-UV-Primer, a poorly adhering paint, ink, coating, adhesive or sealant can be converted to a material that often will maintain adhesion even if subjected to severe environmental conditions.
N-Bond-UV-Primer is a single component, ready to use product. It contains a fast and residue free evaporating solvent. The technology in N-Bond allows organic paints, coatings, tapes and more to bond to any glass or ceramic surface with permanent properties.
N-Bond also improves the wettability of the substrate with the UV ink.
Using the primer eliminates damaging and peeling paint . The primer also ensures a durable moisture and water resistance paint layer. The Nano – scale layer is completely invisible
N-Bond-UV-Primer can be used for the UV printing of glass and ceramic.
- Certain metals (test first)
- Composites (test first)
It is suitable for other surfaces. Trials are recommended.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Clear and dries completely invisible
- Nano-scale thin.
- Single component
- Low volume required
- Does not smear
- Good abrasion resistance
- Excellent bonding function
- Economical, highest coverage in the industry
- Fast to apply with simple methods.
- Can be printed on within 10 minutes.
- Improve thermal stability and durability of prints.
- Clean the surface with a cleaner that is suitable for the material it is made out off.
- Remove any protective film from the substrate.
- Remove any excess dirt with a dry cloth. To successfully print on glass, the surface must be pre-cleaned with suitable standard glass cleaner.
- Wearing gloves while doing this will help to maintain the cleanliness of the glass.
- Alternative, glass or ceramic surfaces can be wiped clean
- with a 50/50 mixture of Isopropyl alcohol and deionised water.
There are various application methods for Primers.like lint-free cloth, wet wipe sachets or with a paint pad. Once the glass or ceramic is clean and dry, apply N-Bond- UV-Primer evenly with lint free non-woven cloth in circular motions.
Wipe a very thin layer of the primer solution over the glass surface with the cloth, and polish off with the application cloth. Alternatively you can use a spray and wipe method,and apply the product with a trigger spray and a non- woven cloth Wipe a very thin layer of the primer solution over the glass surface with the cloth, and polish off with the application cloth. Alternatively you can use a spray and wipe method,and apply the product with a trigger spray and a non- woven cloth.
- If there is excess product visible after the drying, polish off with a soft lint free cotton cloth, soaked with some N-Bond- UV-Primer.
- Once the whole surface of the substrate has been primed allow a minimum of 10 minutes prior to printing.
- The chemical nature of N-Bond is such that the primer can be applied up to 2 days prior to printing without any adverse effects on ink adhesion.Depending on the substrate, temperature and ink film deposit the chemical bond might take up to 24 hours to complete.
- Always check the adhesion performance of N-Bond-UV- Primer onto the selected media before committing to a print run.